Western New York Community Organizer Job Description
(Part-Time, Hybrid Position)
NEW Pride Agenda (NPA) is seeking a part-time Western New York Community Organizer to build an intersectional advocacy network and advance priority issue areas relevant to our advocacy agenda.
- Facilitation and Organizing – Organize and facilitate regular monthly leadership meetings in order to strategize on campaigns and move them forward
- Leadership Development – Recruit and foster the development of people directly impacted by our core issue areas to expand our organizing capacity
- Policy Documents – Develop one-pagers and policy briefs on bills/issues, research and identify landscape related to campaigns, and create accessible tools and materials for the general public related to issue areas
- Strategic Campaign Design – Develop comprehensive campaign strategies and identify how to engage stakeholders to grow support on issue areas, and build press strategy to elevate campaigns. Coordinate with staff to devise action plans for emerging crises.
The ideal candidate will be an energetic, self-motivated individual who has strong
interpersonal, public speaking, writing, and strategic problem-solving skills.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Familiarity with the local and state political landscape – including key players, processes, and practices – and an understanding of why the system is in need of reform.
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced environment, with changing assignments.
- An ability to work within a team and develop strategy collaboratively.
Excellent ability to host forums, facilitate training, build strong agendas,
coordinate coalitions, and develop partnerships among a wide and diverse array of stakeholders.
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant experience in community organizing/advocacy.
- Cultural competency sensitivities to the diverse characteristics of the LGBTQ+
communities and intersections of identity including gender identity &
expression, sexual orientation, age, race, ethnicity, disability, and
- Cultural and linguistic competence working with the transgender, gender
non-conforming, non-binary communities.
- Must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team
- Must demonstrate sound judgment, initiative, discretion, diplomacy, and
- Flexible schedule; must be willing to work some evenings and occasional
- Must be willing to travel
- Commitment to racial, gender, and social justice.
- Bilingual +
$3,000 monthly stipend (20hrs per week)
TO APPLY: Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with NAME + Program Manager in the subject
NEW Pride Agenda is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We Consider Applicants For
All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.